Buck Gardner founded the company after winning the 1994 World Championship Duck Calling Contest and the 1995 World Champion of Champions Duck Calling Contest. He started the company with the purpose of making high-quality products and helping hunters learn the art of calling so they can enjoy more fun and success in the field.
Getting started with predator hunting can be a daunting task. Hunting magazines and websites are full of guys with custom long-range rifles and expensive calling systems. You don’t necessarily need a lot of extra gear to get into predator hunting. In fact, you probably already have the essential gear to get started.
We assembled this kit for hunters looking for a complete call setup to hunt both ducks and Canada geese. This kit includes our Standard Braided Lanyard and our top call recommendations in Mossy Oak camo options. The calls ship to you set up on the lanyard and ready to hunt right out of the box. Here are the calls included in this kit:
- Double Nasty Duck Call: The Double Nasty double reed is a cornerstone of our duck call line and one of the best-selling calls of all time. It is loud, extra-raspy, and guaranteed not to stick thanks to our Spit-Tech™ toneboard design. The Spit-Tech technology allows the call to blow when wet from saliva, condensation, and even accidental dips in the water.
- Canada Hammer Goose Call: Our original short-reed Canada goose call is still the easiest operating goose call ever made. This call delivers fast reed pick-up and responsiveness, and it is hand-tuned to ensure performance that far exceeds the price. The Quick-Tune™ guts and reed system make cleaning, re-tuning, and re-assembly simple. The double O-ring insert forms an airtight seal with the barrel to enhance sound quality.
We assembled this duck call kit for hunters looking for a complete call setup to hunt flooded fields and natural marshes. This kit includes our Standard Braided Lanyard and some of our top call recommendations for these hunting environments. The calls ship to you set up on the lanyard and ready to hunt right out of the box. Here are the calls we selected for the Field & Marsh Kit, and why:
- C3 Double Reed: this all-purpose double reed has a clean, pure tone and a volume range from low to medium-high. The C3 exterior coating is soft to the touch, giving it a comfortable mouthpiece and extra control in your hand, even in cold temps. We chose it for the Field & Marsh Kit because it is ideal for close-range calling and finishing birds without screaming at them.
- Buck Brush Short Barrel: this single reed call gives you plenty of volume to grab their attention from a distance, yet plenty of finesse when you have to stay on the call until the ducks are in the decoys. Think you're not into single reed calls? You need to try the Buck Brush. We consistently have hunters rave about this call after they try it, even when they say they can only blow double reeds.
- 6-in-1 Whistle: this is a must for all duck hunters. Easily replicate the calls of pintails, teal, and wigeon that feed and rest in fields and marshes.